Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of school!

Today is the first day of school at Salina Christian Academy. Ethan is in Kidergarten and Seth is in Preschool. They are so excited!
It was my first day of school too. I am teaching music for grades 1-8 twice a week on Mondays and Fridays.
Ready to go!
The boys in front of their school! It is an old public school building and the school has been in this building for about 4 years. They have done a lot of work updating it.
This is at Sethy's classroom. He was very apprehensive and cried when I left. The teachers reassured me he stopped right after I left.
Seth at his seat in his preschool classroom.
Ethan was so ready for Kindergarten. He sat right down at his seat and didn't even look back. I have to say I got a little teary eyed seeing him in his classroom. I can't believe he is officially "in school". It doesn't seem possible. I had a great first day in my classes. It was a lot of fun and my "teacher mode" seemed to come back quickly. I know there will be challenges but I think overall it will be a great year.


2 comments:

Kansas said...

Congrats to all 3 of you on your first day of school!!! :-) I love how excited the boys were!! Very cute!!

Kristi said...

Thanks for posting those! Ethan's smile couldn't be bigger. The first pic is my favorite. And yah, it is hard to fully get rid of that teacher mode. Which is why I don't take my kids to the pool and park!